LAMASol is a water-based asphalt emulsion that provides reliable protection for a variety of surfaces. This cold-applied, rubberized emulsion is easy to apply and dries to form a black, flexible coating.
- A good water-based alternative to traditional primers
|5 gal / 200L
|Brush or Spray
|Pails per Pallet
- General Waterproofing: For use on concrete (exposed or below ground), cement, roofing felt, mastic asphalt, and corrugated iron, as a water and moisture barrier.
- Metal Protection: Provides protection against corrosion of pipes, structural steelwork, and other metallic equipment.
- Insulation: Provides weatherproofing layer when used overexposed insulation, in conjunction with a lightweight non-woven glass fabric or saturated polyester mat or jute. Also used as a vapor barrier when applied on concrete surfaces below the insulation.
- Adhesive: Highly effective as an adhesive for woodblocks, insulation boards, expanded polystyrene, and cork panels, or as a plaster bonding agent on difficult surfaces.
- Priming: LAMASol is diluted with an equal amount of water and used as a primer in a single coat to enhance adhesion between the substrate and waterproofing sheet membranes.
- Stir LAMASol to homogeneity & apply by brush the first coat at a rate of 0.50-0.75 kg/m², to ease application, dampen the applicator before and during use.
- Allow the first coat to dry.
- Apply the second coat at the same rate and right angle to the first coat.
- Don’t use if rain is expected or temperature to drop below 0 °C within 2 hours after finishing the application.